Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Chiropractors and other Backpain topics.
That pain in your lower back seems to just hang there, bothering you every day. You feel uncomfortable laying down or sitting, and standing isn’t that much better. But still you do nothing. You tell yourself it’ll get better, but what if it doesn’t?
Here are some things to look for when deciding whether or not to visit a chiropractor:
1. Medicine isn’t working: if you’ve had a chronic pain in your muscles and joints and traditional medicine isn’t helping, it might be time to investigate another option.
2. Therapy isn’t working: if you have been trying to stretch it out or are active with physical therapy sessions that just aren’t doing anything to relieve your pain, it might be time to see a chiropractor
3. Sharp pain: Getting a sharp pain that goes from your hip to your leg is a surefire sign that there is a problem that needs to be addressed.
4. Pain, stiffness, and burning: If you are feeling these sensations periodically, seemingly for no reason, you might need to visit a chiropractor for an assessment.
5. Your clothes: Can your clothes and shoes show signs of body misalignment? Yes! If your skirt hangs differently on one side than the other or if the soles of your shoes wear differently on each foot, you may need to visit a chiropractor.
If you are the type of person who wants to avoid medications and surgery, a chiropractor offers an alternative that may be appealing to you. There’s no reason to suffer with a problem. Visit a chiropractor and see what he or she can do to help alleviate your pain.